Monday, January 23, 2017

Journey for Happiness - January 23, 2017


What's up Fam!!!

- teaching a guy who is quitting smoking. Felt inspired to send him a text one morning to see how he's doing and he said later how he felt very vulnerable before that text. He pointed out Heavenly Father is looking over him, thought that was pretty cool.

- lunch with Crystal. I downed 5 tacos. I think she posted about it on Facebook because people somehow knew about it. #ILoveFood

- Elder Wells told me he'd take a PT Cruiser over the Panther. He and I verbally combat each other on the concept of me keeping the Panther and we have a good time about it but that one legit hurt me.

- Elder Hoschouer is my new comp! He's a boss, gonna be a fun time. He came in on Friday. Gonna be an emotional moment for Elder Wells and I when the bromance is broken up this week but we have a had a good run.

#CougarsDontRoar

- my mom sent us mini light saber building kits because she must feel guilty for going to Disneyland again so we made those... I had a light saber battle with baby Groot and we reenacted the Obi Wan - Anakin battle.  "YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE! YOU WERE MY BROTHER" #INeedALife #DarthGroot

- had our last Zone Conference, I talked about Legacy. Brady told me later that day ULegacy blew up on Twitter #ChurchIsTrue

- Mark wore a white shirt and tie for the first time on Sunday, he YouTube'd how to tie it and looked like a stud. Tag ran up to give us hugs and that was probably the best part of the day.

- we taught the Primary... I wanted to start a Sunbeam Trump chant just for kicks and giggles but didn't. It was a good time.

- President Baird (Lions fan Baird) was giving us Falcon updates during our Missionary Correlation meeting. Hopefully all those cheese head fans that miraculously appeared at the end of the season disembarked the band wagon safely.

- stopped by the Baird's house later that night and implemented some of our Sunday night games... mainly the ping pong game. I love that family so much. Their little girl Maddie needs to marry Eli so we can be family.

Sorry the emails haven't been all that long or spiritual last few weeks. Just been a crazy few weeks but I really do know this message we share is happiness. There's so much Satan can get you to doubt and question... but at the end of the day you can't doubt if what we teach blesses your life. That isn't to say the Gospel makes your life easy because it put me on a mission and I can assure you that ain't easy, but it teaches and molds you into the person your Heavenly Father wants you to be which ultimately leads you to true joy. The mission is a good example, it has been a nut punching grind at times but it's molded me into a happier person.

We had a neat experience this week giving a blessing to a family from Wyoming. Their grandma just had a stroke and the family asked if we could give a blessing to the mom and daughter there along with the grandma. For the blessing with the grandma, they asked if we could bless her to move on into the next life. That's  something I have never been a part of before, it was a very tender experience especially with what happened earlier in the week with Aunt Karma.

We go to church and pray and do all this stuff but it's those moments where the Plan of Salvation hits you pretty hard. You realize what really matters. It reminded me how fortunate we are to have the knowledge we have.

Being a part of that blessing and the next day teaching primary opened my eyes a lot. It's really a journey on this earth. From Sunbeams to our last moments with our family, it's a journey for happiness, it's what all of us are looking for. Ultimately our Savior is the greatest example we can follow on this journey. His gospel is the plan of how to be happy.  I'm grateful for His example and sacrifice and that I can strive to be more like him. I'm forever grateful for eternal families.

Love ya family,

- Elder K

Pics

- #Billville Zone
 
- me and THE elder Baird



- Conger's and Bucklands, I love them. Especially their dog.

 
 
- got this picture this week so throwback to the #BozeForce zone last fall



- Baird's... I love them so much. Nerf Wars. Lagos. #Goals. And Maddie is so cute. Wife her up Eli.


 

 
- Kayden's selfie of the week he took on my iPad.
 
- #DarthGroot. Yes I know the colors are off my bad. Oh and If you look closely you may be able to see the Ron Swanson motivational quote book.

No comments:

Post a Comment