Monday, May 22, 2017

"Increase the Force" #ChallengeAccepted - May 22, 2017



What's up Fam!!!

- met this cool Ukrainian dude at a park filming stuff. Had a good chat, talked about Heavenly Father. Wasn't interested to take the lessons but it was cool telling him God loves him.

- had a lesson with a girl that cut my hair at Great Clips. It was pretty cool. She's YSA so we'll have to pass her on eventually but it was a sweet lesson. The gospel answers a lot of questions.

- had a mission tour in Billings with Elder Dyches of the Seventy. Super powerful meeting. Plus got to see LOTS of missionaries.

- my new thing is to carry a mini light saber with me wherever I go so I had to be really careful to not start playing with it during the mission tour. Elder Bennett brought his mini master chief and we were both freaking out a little bit.

- winter hit again for a few days so that was fun. Crazy snow storm.

- Baird's stopped in Bozeman so we went to Firehouse Subs and I got to see Maddy. Best day ever. 

- Tim McGraw was in town this weekend and I didn't go. #AchievementUnlocked

- I don't know if anything beats talking Utah football with Tony Stark and his girls while eating Starbursts before sacrament meeting starts. They are #FamilyGoals. m|_|m

- Elder Christensen got to stay at our place on their way back to Kalispell so we took a trip down memory lane and visited Belgrade. Highlight seeing Gina and Kenny, the Robisons and Broughtons. 18 months later and it feels just like the old times.

- had a Stake Priesthood meeting and someone was using the "power" physics equation to compare to the Priesthood. Stake President specifically said "we need to increase our force" and he was meaning it to be spiritual but the nerd I am turned to the row of elders sitting next to me and I forced choked Elder McElvany as I pulled the Kylo Ren light saber key chain from my suit coat. Just like the good days of the #BozeForce.

- Elders McElvany and Wilson also slept over last night and that was about as #TDFW you can get while still being a missionary. #OperationPixieStick

The stake priesthood meeting and mission tour were spiritual overloads from the week, big time spiritual mind grenades. Throw in some good lessons with Elder Baum and a night of #BGrade with Elder Christensen  and you got a pretty sweet week.

Something that's been on my mind a lot recently is the word "remember". It's an important part of the gospel. We go through a lot of rough experiences in this life, and it's easy to forget the good, but it's those moments when you need to remember. Remember the blessings, the miracles, covenants, and family. Most of all remember that you have a loving Heavenly Father and Savior. 

Mosiah 25:16 - "... they should remember that it was the Lord that did deliver them." 

Helaman 5:12 - "... remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation" 

Mark 8:18 - "Having eyes, see ye not? and having ears, hear ye not? and do ye not remember?" 

The list goes on and on throughout the scriptures, no coincidence that the people who start to fall are the ones who forget. Remembering is vital, the sacrament shows that. "That they do always remember Him." Remember the good fam.

I love the gospel. I love the experiences that it has given me that I can look back and remember during the tough times. My mission is another big "remember". Experiences with people I love that have strengthened my testimony in so many ways that I never want to forget.

Love ya fam,

- Elder K

Pics 

- winter pics 

- these train pics were taken within 30 minutes of each other. #WelcomeToMontana 



- reunited with Captain Hosch 


- held Tim McGraw tickets and didn't go #AchievementUnlocked 

- this happened... 

 
 
- boys reunited 



- otter and baby ducks


 
 

- when you're a missionary but deep down a sith. 

No comments:

Post a Comment