Tuesday, May 9, 2017

"Moooooose" - May 8, 2017


What's up Fam!!!

- that lesson in Big Sky last Monday was sweet. Really sweet lesson...
One of those lessons I don't even want to try and put into words.
plus, on the way out we saw a moose... it was awesome.

- remember Oscar and Nora from Belgrade my first few months??? They moved to Bozeman and we saw them this week. Oscar and I talked about birds and Pokémon just like old times.

- had dinner with the Carlson's in Belgrade. Bishop passed on the family heirloom of the jacket he wore on his first date with Sister Carlson to me... most amazing jacket ever, so I feel very honored haha.

- hit a 3/4 court shot during weekly planning this week that was pretty intense.

- Lot of walking and biking this week meaning many things yelled at us. My fave non-explicit thing yelled at us "WE LIKE TO SIN!", haven't heard that one before. Wanted to respond with the Alma doctrinal bomb of wickedness not being happiness but didn't have time.

- talking to this member visiting from San Diego and he was telling me about a NFL player that used to show up to 9am church before the game and help set up chairs for the meeting... told me he had a nice beard and Mohawk. @Weddlesbeard #UtesInTheNFL

That moose we saw was pretty sweet. I barely saw it... but I'm glad I did! It got me thinking about all the times I have driven past a moose...bear... elk... and had no clue. Then that got me thinking how often we cruise by in life without noticing all the little miracles and tender mercies Heavenly Father puts in our path. Is the world going to 💩?

Absolutely, but the Gospel isn't. Restoration is still going on,  the work is still progressing. Heavenly Father is still reaching out to us, we just need to be humble and receptive enough to see all the good.

So many miracles and blessings around us if we open our eyes to them. My mission has been full of them and I can't say enough how grateful I have been for this experience. We talked to the seminary students this morning about going on a mission and that put me in a glass case of emotions, not gonna lie... what the heck just happened? Assuming I actually went to seminary, I was that kid in the back corner chilling on Twitter with ZERO desire to serve a mission and here I am out 22 months telling them how great missions are. Hit me like a wave up there.

The Church is true fam. Freaks me out to think where I'd be without it.

Don't be afraid of change like I was. I'm grateful for the events that took place to get me out here and the people who got me out here cause it's changed me forever. Thanks for all the support along the way.

Happy Mother's Day to the wonderful mom's in my life!

- Elder K

Pics

- Moose, it was dark so I had to jack up the brightness on the pic.  Tough to see.
 
- millennium falcon driving into the sunset on May 4th
 
- evening entertainment brought to you by Bridger view apartments.  Apparently there were only 2 deaths in the month of April #AchievementUnlocked



- staring at my ceiling one night and saw this. #Trunkfest2k17


- biked 8 miles to this part of our area to do service.



- #WelcomeToMontana

 
- Cache King 💰 👑  got married this week and moved on from the YSA so my wedding present was Pistol Pete socks from Pistol Pett.

No comments:

Post a Comment