Monday, March 27, 2017

Gold Jacket...Green Jacket - March 27, 2017


 

What's up Fam!!!

- last Monday I bought a $10 pitching wedge at a pawn shop and that was possibly the best/worst idea I have ever had cause it is helping contain my golf fever but is also increasing it. I pulled out the rug at the stake center and a garbage can to aim at and hit some plastic balls. It was a good time.

- *gets out of car to go street contact

* Elder Hoschouer - "no no no no no no put it back."

* puts Patrick (yes I named my wedge) back in the car

- we had a meeting at the stake center and at the end Elder Potter and the other elders dared me to hit an apple so we did that. I got some on my face and slacks but it was well worth it. #GolfFever

- this pas week was my birthday was one of my all time faves. Super fun day. Had a sweet lesson with a family then the Baird's had us over... red balloons... Utes cups/napkins... Famous Dave's... they got me a Utes jacket... it was so much fun. Highlight of it all was teaching Maddie Baird to hold up a U.

 
- I'm just gonna throw this out there that me and Maddie Baird are #RelationshipGoals cause we blow kisses at each other during sacrament meeting.

- met this dude who was trying to confound us by using scripture verses that don't actually exist... He thought he was hot stuff, it was cute.

- WE SAW JR (red hat guy)!!!! He'd been MIA for a while but we finally got to meet with him. Pretty sweet Restoration lesson. It is going to take some time with him but that's just fine, he has a sincere desire to find out what he needs to do to be united with his family and that's what it's all about. He also found someone wearing some J's to pass the card to ;) if you don't remember this story... you'll hear it again I'm sure. Borderline New Era stuff going on.

- forgot to mention this last week... so Sister Baird came in clutch on planning a sick youth activity about the "fiery darts of the adversary" where the youth had to run from one side of the gym to the other while the adults shot them with Nerf guns. Round 2 they had tables set up to protect them labeled as prayer, temple, etc... along with the missionaries running with them. So much fun.

I have been thinking a lot about the Spirit recently. My mission has taught me how important the Holy Ghost is in missionary work and especially in life. This last week that was on my mind as we came across so many different types of people as we walk around and talk (nice weather is awesome). Some people are receptive... some are not...

Elder Hoschouer and I really don't change, we may deliver our message differently to different people we meet... but we stay the same and the message is the same. The Spirit is the same. The only real variable is how receptive that person is to the feelings of the Holy Ghost. Our job as missionaries is simple... create an environment where they can feel the Holy Ghost, but if someone is too stubborn or hard hearted, they can't feel anything.

Point in all this... we need to soften our heart and let the Holy Ghost teach us. The Holy Ghost knows a lot more than any one on this earth does... yet we hardly listen to him. Imagine if we paid as much attention to the Holy Ghost as we do to CNN... Face book... Twitter...that crap show about a dude dating a bunch of girls and handing out roses. The Holy Ghost is so much more edifying... but we barely give him the time of day. Listen to what Heavenly Father is trying to tell you, conference this weekend is a sweet opportunity.

The Gospel is sweet, I could go on forever about it. Not everything always makes sense to me right away but I'm happier and I notice other people are happier when they live it and that's enough for me.

Love ya fam,

- Elder K

P.S... street by the mission home is "Augusta street"... #GolfFever #GoldJacketGreenJacket- #ElderSpieth

Pics
 
-  best birthday ever


 
- Elder Hoschouer got his head stuck in a chair. #CompanionshipStudy.

 
He's a stud, we have had a lot of fun.

- found a baby Groot at Walmart

 
- yes... it says jump for Jesus. #WelcomeToMontana

- spring football

 
 
- Tag Brown. #GOAT

-
 Conger's dog Mozzi... cutest dog ever

 
- defending the youth from Satan Nerf darts.

No comments:

Post a Comment