Monday, March 27, 2017

Can FaceBook Be More Like Nephi - March 20, 2017


What's up Fam!!!

- QOTW from E. Hoschouer - "I have never seen Anchorman but after living with you I feel like I have." #AchievementUnlocked

- Elder Potter is now in the district so of our course our bromance has been rekindled. I have heard from several elders that I just need to be as good as flirting with girls when I go home as I am with elders and I'll be set. #SplashElders

- had missionary Jedi Council (also known as MLC) on Tuesday in Helena. Got up at 3:30 and drove about 3.5 hours there and back so that was fun... MLC was good, President Wadsworth said there is only such thing as dead missionaries not dead areas #ShotsFired

- had dinner at the Potters and the Lynch's came too... you know it's going to be a good night when they say we are having breakfast for dinner and I respond with "I'm a simple man, I like pretty dark haired women and breakfast food" and then we spend the entire dinner quoting Ron Swanson. She also worked for Disney World so we nerded out a bit.

- Elder Hoschouer is going through our speed dial list and asks who "BWW" is... I shed a manly tear thinking about the Mango Habanero.

- during zone training we did a role play where we tried to teach this family while all these distractions were going on... so all the other missionaries were acting as distractions while we taught. Elder Potter yells out a "duh-nuh-nuh duh-nuh-nuh" while Elder Smith acted like he was a March Madness broadcaster and even in the role play I lost all control and couldn't focus. It's a rough time of year for me.

- with that said I have not used Sister Siri to give me score updates so I'm trying hard. #AchievementUnlocked

- when the guy at the gas station told me Wisconsin beat Nova I did a triple fist pump/jump #CalledIt.

- Elder Potter and I both had Duke winning it all so our brackets...#TheyDone. Church is still true though.

- back to missionary stuff #SorryMom, there was a shooting a few blocks from our place so that was fun. #WelcomeToMontana BillingsEdition™

- utilized companionship study to teach Elder Hoschouer the pick and roll. Still trying to convince him the golf course is a wonderful place for some morning study but not sure how far I'll get on that one.

- saw 2 grown men riding a Harley together and that'll probably be me and @teambetalpha in 40 years. #SorryMom

- spoke in church yesterday, Maddie Baird was waving to me and blowing me kisses. Greatest day ever. I didn't want to blow her a kiss back because when I waved to her the old lady sitting on the front row thought I was waving to her and I feared she'd think the same and blow me a kiss back and then things would just get awkward when we go into Relief Society to drop off the meal calendar.

3 spiritual highlights

- ran to Walmart for some bike stuff. A less active lady called out to us and asked which part of Billings we cover. Billings is no Los Angeles by any means but turns out she lives in our area and she wants us to teach her fiancé and she wants to come back to church. We are pumped, his name is Cornelius, he's a stud. If we don't find them, they'll find us.

- had an awesome lesson with the Browns where we talked about 1 Nephi 17 where Nephi builds the boat.. only read the first 13 verses and we had a sweet discussion. Sister Brown pointed out that Nephi barely mentions their struggle in the wilderness, and really only focuses on the positives. She told us she wished Facebook was more like Nephi haha. It was cool, I liked that. We need to focus on all the good.

That was a big difference between Nephi and his older brothers, he had the right perspective and he remained humble and grateful.

- Had a lesson with Wayne. He's been struggling with some stuff and we had a good lesson. Mid way through the lesson the spirit just knocked him on the chest and Wayne's all "I haven't been reading my scriptures... that's why! I NEED TO READ! I'm getting up early tomorrow and I'm going to read!" So he gets goin on this little rant and it was awesome, he's such a good guy. It was sweet seeing the Holy Ghost inspire him.

Seriously fam, If you are struggling with desire... read that book, you will know it's from God.

A lot more I wanna share... this stuff is pretty sweet. I spoke in church on the topic of "what I want to do differently when I go home".

Tough to not go full on #TrunkFest2k17 when you are thinking about that all week, but it definitely got me thinking. It's been a wild ride but wow Heavenly Father has taught me a lot and I'm grateful for that. Especially grateful for the family I have gained out here. Gave that talk on the two year anniversary of the mission call... what.Just. Happened.

Life is good fam, gospel brings joy. Simple as that, all about family.

S/O to my sister Abby for giving me a niece! That was a sweet surprise this morning :) she has 9 months to be tall enough to get kicked off of space mountain with her Uncle K. IM SO PUMPED TO MEET HER AND ELI!!!!

Love ya fam,

- Elder K

*train pic for Z

* big 3 selfie at MLC

* zone pics


 
* AT-AT tree house #FamilyGoals



* this was Tag being a tiger (tag-er) at dinner



* Elder Potter - "don't let go of me Jack!" #Splashtanic


* hope you all had a wonderful Cody Day. Got this from cody in Tennessee.







No comments:

Post a Comment