Monday, September 14, 2015

"It's a Great Day to Be a Missionary" - September 14, 2015




First off. @dahlelama is just jealous that I'm writing love notes to Jonny and not him. #TwitterDreamTeam

 - Spent a night on the outer parts of our area #tracting

... WAY out by the Bridger Mountains. You could barely see the world famous Belgrade water tower we were so far out there. Great odins raven though... UNBELIEVABLE. The houses were unreal. Deer everywhere, open fields, sunset was unbelievable, actually the way the mountains looked it kind of felt like I was on campus looking out towards the Oquirrhs  and Great Salt Lake (check pics), just minus the whole civilization part.  Very lucky to be serving here.  
 
 

  - Dad sent me a cool ESPN article on Mangum and I loved it. Remember watching him in the elite 11 competition a while back. Kids a stud, about time that institution starts representing our church in a way that doesn't involve a Best Buy or Rancheritos #StayClassY. Pretty cool having ESPN hype up this work so many of us are doing. And I guess you could say that's a cute first two wins you got... #8Clap

- Spent like 3 hours at a members house digging out trees, pretty fun stuff . Helped their kitten catch field mice which was an adventure. One bit me, nobody makes me bleed my own blood. Not gonna lie I found great joy in seeing Sprinkles beat the crap out of that field mouse. 

#WelcomeToMontana 

- as for the Utes. Sometimes the ugly wins are the hardest ones to win, think of how many games we had in 08 that were ugly. Hopefully Wilson gets back soon, in the meantime I have faith in KT. Games we prepared with him all week were much better than the games he was thrown into mid game. Covey sounds like a stud, wouldn't mind getting him up here in the MBM, heck I'll even train him. Keep up the good work, I have plenty of ideas so I need plenty of highlights... Seriously... Lots of ideas. 

Another week done. Love waking up and seeing the caption for our 6:23 alarm... 
 

"It's a great day to be a missionary"

Thanks for the idea @utahfootball. Loving the days out here. The time truly flies when you start to enjoy the work more and work harder. Kind of think of it as one of those moving walkways at an airport; you can stand on it and still move and eventually get to your destination, or you can actually put in effort and walk with it and move a lot faster.

Some days are still easier than others. One morning was a little challenging. Prayed that I would read something from personal study that would help me out. One of the most powerful personal study's I have had. I read Alma 36-39, where Alma is giving advice to Helaman. As I read I pictured @pettbryan sitting there with me, giving me the same advice Alma gave his son. 

36:3 And now, O my son Helaman/@MPett3, behold, thou art in thy youth, and therefore, I beseech of thee that thou wilt hear my words and learn of me; for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day.

- and for the next few chapters Alma is dropping bombs of knowledge and love, much like what my dad would have done with me. 

37:37 Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God (for it truly is a great day to be a missionary) and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.

And one more of many favorite pieces of advice, one that really got to me... 

37:47 And now, my son, see that ye take care of these sacred things, yea, see that ye look to God and live. Go unto this people and declare the word My son, farewell.

".... Hope that you spend your days, and they all add up. And when that sun goes down, hope you raise your cup. Oh I wish that I could witness all your joy and all your pain, but until my moment comes I'll say - I did it all.   I owned every second that this world can give, I saw so many places the things that I did, yeah with every broken bone... I swear I lived." 

- Apparently Z yells "TAYS SONG" when he hears it, probably cause of our Disneyland video, but I love that song and now I try to live it. Want to be able to say that I did it all, that I lived these 2 years. And as it says right there in the book of Alma... "Look to God and live" 

That's what I needed to hear. Look to God and live, nothing else matters out here. He answers our prayers, He really does. May not be at the time we want it to be or the answer we want, but He loves us. He lets us go through challenges because that's where we learn the most, where our faith is tested the hardest. I challenge all of you to look to God and live. This world is pretty dang nasty, and I don't know about you guys but I need all the help I can get. Pray to the Lord, and he will answer your prayers much like what He did with me and Alma 36. Can't wait to read that to my own son one day. 

The work is really starting to pick up here. Elder C and I are on to something, seems like we either got a DL, ZL, or AP calling us every night telling us about the good things they are hearing about Belgrade 1. Staying humble is key, this is HIS work, not our work. Like it shows throughout the Book of Mormon, you either be humble, or get humbled (someone remind the locker room crowd surfing clown that) . Belgrade is ready to blow up, very grateful to not only serve here but to be a trainer, little stressful training in only my second transfer, but I feel very blessed for the faith President Wadsworth and the Lord have in me. 

Love ya guys! 

#BeatFresno 

- Elder K
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment