Waaaassssuuuup everyone!!! Another good week, it's a winter wonderland and it WENT BY SO DANG FAST!!!
----- anytime I say "insert gif" just go search for that gif, it'll be worth it -----
- Community Cafe on Tuesday, love it there. I've made some pretty good homeless friends haha, funny guys. Doesn't take much to make some people happy. Starting to get the hang of serving food, even struck the "Heisman" after getting a large order for a family 100% right.
- Ate with the Richards again... Was expecting scripture roulette but.... Well.... Instead we were Cruising Belgrade in his '69 Camaro (insert Tony Stark "I want one" gif) and wow baby..... 0-80 in less than 4 seconds. He did give us some solid mission advice as well. Cameron is a stud, reminds me a lot of Kasey.
- Tracting is rough.... It's pitch black by like 5:30 and no one really wants to talk to us. We did find a frozen stream to throw rocks into so that was a big deal. One night we finally found a dude that wants to talk to us! Talk for about 30 minutes on his doorstep and invited him to pray and read about the Book of Mormon. He tells us he'd pray.... But that he'll pray we'll stop being Mormon, #BuzzKill. (Doc rivers blank stare gif) . Tracting is honestly pretty fun though haha, onward ever onward.
- Interviews with President Wadsworth were on Friday. LOVE President and Sister Wadsworth. Was telling her how since we aren't allowed to use weights we have to get really creative with working out... Example: the bunk bed bowflex.... Pretty sure it'd be safer to just let us use weights so we don't have to get creative.
- The interview itself went really well. Good talking to President about our recent success and he told me he'll move Heaven and Earth if it means being at the temple sealing next year. That really meant a lot. Afterwards I told him he reminds me of my dad and that's probably why I like him so much. His response "well your dad must be pretty cool, can't wait to meet him". The idea of President Wadsworth and @pettbryan in the same room gets me excited. Look up to both of them very much.
- Did exchanges with our District Leader Elder DeMille. Awesome elder. Had some really spiritual experiences but I probably won't share them on here. I'll just say that Heavenly Father is no doubt preparing people and I REALLY hope I get one more transfer here. I could barely contain my excitement that night. This work is special.
- Not sure how but I sat in gum.... So it looked like I pooped gum.
- Service at the thrift store and "Pink Houses" came on the radio. Felt like I was back on the hill filming specialists. Miss my Coach Whitt music playlist.
- Bro Robison gets all this sweet new tech for his job so we got to see the iPad plus.... Wow. Once again, Tony Stark " I want one" gif. During priesthood the young men taught him how to bless and pass the sacrament, really cool.
- Went doorbell ditching with cookies and scriptures that we felt like the family or person needed. It was awesome. Felt good going stealth ops. Made some dang good cookies too. Definitely gonna have to wife a girl that is down to take the missionary's on service stealth ops.
- Video of Diz dancing to Uptown Funk has gone viral with the missionaries of Brozeman. Thanks for sending that Abby!
- Had 2 dinners that Elder Christensen and I sit down and we realize we forgot our suit coats (rule in the MBM) ... "We have no car.... We have no suit coats.... ELDER PETT'S HEAD IS FALLING OFF!!!!" Is probably our new favorite non spiritually uplifting thing to say, Dumb and Dumber is probably the best way to sum up our companionship. We're freaking goof balls. Elder Christensen is a total crack up, people probably look at us throwing rocks into a frozen stream and wonder how the heck we have 5 baptisms haha. The ward likes us so we must be doing something right. It's been a fun couple transfers with him, even if he was throwing "bear downs" at me Saturday night.
- Went to Bishop Carlson's house last night and I love the Carlson family, we joke around probably way too much but it's impossible to not let your inner child come out when in the Carlson's home. Gonna have to do a Disney video for them someday.
- and for Z.... Not only did I find Red, found Stanley too!
Continuing to study from Mosiah and I found a scripture that reminded me a lot of President Monson in the fall conference session. (This is from the first ever general conference where King Benjamin is on a tower yelling, #LoudNoises)
"For even at this time, my whole frame doth tremble exceedingly while attempting to speak unto you; but the Lord God doth support me"
Everyone could tell he was struggling, but much like King Benjamin, President Monson was and continues to be supported by the Lord. We have prophets for a reason, because Heavenly Father knows we need them. The Book of Mormon repeats a phrase over and over....
"Inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments, ye shall prosper in the land"
In a time where there is so much chaos in the world, we need to be turning to God, when in reality it feels like more people are turning away. These are the latter days, the last days, and whether that means 10 years or 1,000 years, we know it's only going to get worse. Listen to the prophet, we have him for a reason. The Lord is hastening his work, but that also means the opposition is too. I'm so grateful for the knowledge I have, and so grateful for a prophet that continues to lead us. President Monson is a prophet called of God, he receives revelation from Him. This church is true and I will forever stand by it.
There's real evil in the world. Friday proved that, it reminded me of Alma chapter 14 where the innocent people are dying and Amulek is so pained. He wants to help.
10 And when Amulek saw the pains of the women and children who were consuming in the fire, he also was pained; and he said unto Alma: How can we witness this awful scene? Therefore let us stretch forth our hands, and exercise the power of God which is in us, and save them from the flames.11 But Alma said unto him: The Spirit constraineth me that I must not stretch forth mine hand; for behold the Lord receiveth them up unto himself, in glory; and he doth suffer that they may do this thing, or that the people may do this thing unto them, according to the hardness of their hearts, that the judgments which he shall exercise upon them in his wrath may be just; and the blood of the innocent shall stand as a witness against them, yea, and cry mightily against them at the last day.
12 Now Amulek said unto Alma: Behold, perhaps they will burn us also.
13 And Alma said: Be it according to the will of the Lord. But, behold, our work is not finished
Our work is not finished. The spreading of the gospel of Jesus Christ is more important and vital now more than ever. It's going to get worse, we must turn to God now more than ever.
It went fast, fastest week of the mission so far no doubt. Lots of really memorable experiences and after that night with Elder DeMille, really hoping I get another 6 here. I'll go where I need to go, but oh man something special is on its way. Love Belgrade so much, starting to really feel like home and that honestly makes me a little nervous. Weird that I've already been out this long, weird that I get videos where Z no longer says "desth". Weird that a place I never heard of 4 months ago feels like home. I love this work so much, so grateful I have been called to serve in days where we face the most opposition. The light of Christ is much needed in a world as dark as ours today.
"All in, or in the way, onward ever onward."Love ya
- Elder K