Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Just a "quick note"

What's up Fam!!!

Well, our branch pres insisted we only say positive things in this letter (that I have been "allowed" to write), but I don't think it is fair to be told what I am to write to my own family so I am going to be completely honest with you.....
I LOVE IT HERE!
It's hard work, freakin really hard, but the satisfaction of slipping on that name tag or climbing into bed after an exhausting day, is well worth it! I've gotten a little more homesick since Wednesday (it is Friday, BT Dubs).  I miss you guys, like I knew I would.  I honestly could just use a hug so you can understand the agony I must feel when I saw Kyleigh and Bethany.

My district is rockin!  Elder Ellis, Elder Scoward, and Elder Williams are heading to SoCal, while Sister Freeman, Sister Wagstaff, Elder Hendricks, Elder Thompson and I head to the Big Sky.  I love all of them.  Elder Hendricks will be a rockin elder.  I really hope we have a chance to be companions.  My companion, Elder Thompson is a nice guy but at times tries too hard to be funny or calls you out for being wrong when you aren't.  Oh well, I think it's funny.  He claims that we aren't playing basketball on Pday but we'll see about that.  He's a good dude.

The Sisters are awesome!  Sister Freeman has enough sass to dish it back to me which is nice.  She isn't quite as good as Alexis but she'll do for now.  She quoted Ron Swanson at dinner "I don't eat food my food eats" aka, salads, she quoted Vince Lombardi, talked about Harbaugh opening in the RES and she understood what "Bdubs" meant.  Not gonna lie, I was impressed.  So, that's my district and I love em!

I better get back to work, I love you guys.  Please know that!  I see each of you everyday throughout the MTC and I miss you. You are all amazing and when I climb into bed at night I think 4 things:
1-How much I miss my bed
2-How much I miss my Swoop pillow pet
3-Praying Elder Thompson doesn't break the top bunk and crush me - he's a big dude.
4-Would my family be proud of me today?

I love you so freakin much.  All of you. I know this is where I need to be.
I love it here but I can't wait to get out and do the work. 

Tell everyone hi for me, someone give mom a hug for me!

-K

-Haven't seen Jared yet....President Packer's funeral is today so this may be my chance.
-I went to President Packer's funeral and just saw Walton.  Elder Thompson insists on wearing sunnies indoors and it took Jared roughly 5 seconds to give him crap.  We saw each other, had a good bro hug.  It was great!  I needed to see him!
Alright, that's it, cya!

No comments:

Post a Comment