Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Greetings from the MTC


WHAT IS UP EVERYONE!!! I cannot believe I have been out for a week already.  This is going to be a lil nuts so just hang with me here.
 
So lets start with the night I got set apart, I was freaking out. Honestly don't remember what happened, all a blur. I was so nervous I just wanted to lay on the couch and take a nap. I was praying for Heavenly Father to help we with good byes and maybe that was his way of helping me.  

Wednesday we packed up and left, parents dropped me off, and I couldn't help but smile. Saying bye to mom and dad was rough, but hearing them say how much they loved me and how proud they were made it impossible to be sad! Met my district, love em!! 2 sisters, 6 elders. Only 3 elders aren't a part of the Montana crew, good group.  I'm constantly throwing out Ron Swanson references and Sister Freeman is the only that gets em. I need some humor people, this place is so freaking dry when it comes to laughter. I walk around whistling highway to hell and Utah Man while Elder Hendricks sings church hymns at the top of his lungs. I love my district. 

Well I wanted to give a daily breakdown but seeing I'm nearly out of time I guess I better hold off. I have a lot of good stories, looks like they will just have to wait for the mission video.

Other funny things... ughhhh. Sister Freeman saw a bunch of ones in my wallet and asked what I am doing with all the ones. I thought I had a female @TeamBetaAlpha sitting next to me, scary thought. 

Jared has touched my butt several times

Saw Karly, Kyleigh, and Bethany (no hug rule sucks)

Basketball is fun! I hit 3 straight threes to win a game to 9 (if we were keeping score..) and if you know anything about me and basketball then you are as shocked I am writing that, church is true.

Nancy, your blue paisley tie got the most compliments so far!

Only cried once, had a dream I was playing with Z and he said "Bye K" then my alarm went off. Haven't been home sick! But that plucked my heartstrings

Thank you so much for the letters and emails, I wish I could respond but there isn't enough time. I love you all, I love it here... but cannot wait to get out, ready to do the real thing.

I don't get time to tell you all the fun I have had, don't even have time to write in my journal. This will be the best two years and I want to be able to remember it.. I have heard that in the field you get more time to reflect so I'm looking forward to that.

Love you all, I know this all over the place, I have a lot more respect for the missionary's that found time to email me! cya!

Also may not get to email next week since I leave Tuesday and my MTC PDay is Wed. Dearelder works great too ;).

 

- K

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment