What's up Fam!
- Winter finally hit... lots of snow... Roads were sketchy driving to Wyoming.
- it's cold! When you get in your car your Gatorade shouldn't be frozen.
- we walk into the gym before one Christmas conference and President is doing imaginary lay ups at the hoop. His Euro step is on point.
- Lovell Stake Center... So huge!. Several floors and 2 chapels. I turn to President and say "this would be a fun place for hide and seek". He responds... "I was thinking the same thing... or a paint ball war..." #ThatEscalatedQuickly so then he and I went exploring looking for good hide and seek spots.
--- hide and seek in a stake center with your mission president = #AchievementUnlocked
- at one conference I'm talking to a group of new missionaries and they are asking about what it's like to serve in the office. I tell thjm some stories and one says "wow I hope I can serve there one day".
--- you know in Billy Madison when the 3rd grader says he can't wait for high school so Billy grabs his face and responds "don't you say that... stay here... stay as long as you can. You gotta cherish it." Yeah. That's no joke What I did.
- it's fun and I love helping out President and the office staff and the bacon mints and the #TrunkFests but great odins raven I have never been so tired.
- President has adopted two of my sayings... "do you have your exit buddy?" (Aka find your companion and get in the zone picture) and when I fail or mess up on a task he tells me "you had one job". --- This occurred when I was conducting a meeting and forgot to mention something so he leans over while we are on the stand and whispers "you had one job." Then starts laughing. He's a crack up.
- Christmas Zone Conferences were fun. Good seeing the missionaries. Friday we had the departing missionaries #TrunkFest2k16 come in and we babysat until we took them to the airport on Saturday.
- used Transformers to teach the Restoration. #AutoBotsRollOut
Yeah that was the week. Total blur. I'm tired. New missionaries come in tomorrow so we will do training with them for the next few days, that's always fun. I like new missionaries. They don't radiate trunkiness like what Wells and I dealt with Friday and Saturday. That was a solid group that went home though, gonna miss them.
Favorite part of the week was using Finding Nemo to teach about why Heavenly Father puts us through trials... Marlin wanted nothing bad to EVER happen to Nemo... but Nemo never learned to truly appreciate his father until he was in a rough situation. Heavenly Father doesn't give us trials because he doesn't love us, rather so he can help us and we can see how much he loves us. We'd never truly appreciate his love if life was always sunshine and rainbows.
Mosiah 24:14 - And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.
Pixar + Gospel = #AchievementUnlocked
That's all I have for ya. Lots more sweet stuff happened but we'll call it good there.
I love this Gospel... a lot. I've been thinking about how far my testimony has come and I'm so grateful for that. It's been battled more than ever but because of that it is stronger than ever. When I left on my mission I didn't know much about the Restored Gospel... only that it led to my growing family to being happy... which is kind of ironic because the family I loved was the fuel that made me want to leave them. I knew that there was something to it all, I wanted to help others get there. I had a testimony of the end result, but out here I have learned why that is the case and how to get there.
It can be hard to understand everything, but look at the big picture of it all.
Love ya family. Sorry this was all over the place, so much more I wanna share. I'm going to take the fattest nap known to man kind today. Most stressful December ever haha. Merry Christmas.
- Elder K
QOTW (Quote of the week) - Sister Brown - "Tag... no hunting during sacrament"Love that kid. Mark is getting baptized this Saturday also, super pumped for that family.
*#WelcomeToMontana with a train pic for Z
* hide and seek
* did a temple session Saturday with the departing group, temple looked super pretty in the snow with the rim rock.