Monday, December 14, 2015

"Prepare the Way of the Lord" - December 14, 2015

WHATS UP EVERYONE!!! 

- found a sweeeeeeet ramp by the train yard. #StuntJumpBonus #25Points 

- The lone grocery store in town may be outrageously over priced and sell expired Gatorade, but the music there is just.... Mmmmmmmm. Born in the USA, Another One Bites the Dust, Old Time Rock and Roll, etc. Soooo gooood. 

- Thanks for all the letters and notes this past week fam and friends!!! Loved the letters from the Christmas party!!! The "hail hydra" on the ward card was cute, well played priest quorum.  

- ate at the Scowns on Thursday night. Super awesome old couple. She reminds me a lot of Grandma Mary. Helped them set up their new blu ray player and got her logged into Netflix, they were blown away. Lot of fun! Had to severely control myself when I saw ONCE on there. 

- made some freakin bomb breakfast burritos.... Great odins Raven.... That's all I gotta say. 

- Decided to take one of the back roads to dinner. After a ways we decided to hop on the interstate and play it safe instead. Long story short, we ended up out of our area and in Shelby (like an hour away, welcome to the MBM).... Flipped back around and the exit we were supposed to take is the one we got on at. It was the equivalent of me and @pettbryan departing and boarding the same train in Europe. Hope that makes sense, if not, just know I'm a freakin blonde. 

- had dinner with the Beckers who are AWESOME!!!! Super good chicken. Had a fun night. A lot of it was sister Becker and I bashing on BYU so ya, good night. They're awesome, we had a lot of fun. She actually went to college with Mr Bodily/the #Dictator. 

- had a missionary in the zone tell me he doesn't like Archuleta's Christmas album  (insert "Michael Scott - why are you the way that you are" gif) 

- S/O to my boy Elder Potter who got a speeding ticket... Splash Elders have lead foots... That'll make our return trip/6 month Bromance of Kenney chesney and nba 2k a fun one before his girlfriend gets home from her mission. Splash elders go fast!!! #IWannaGoFast #IfYou'reNotFirstYourLast 

- helped the Thompson's get a giant mattress up to their attic play room. That mattress had no business making it up that stair well but we missionary's are persistent... we were clutch. No idea how we did it, we went full Moroni pushing that thing up there. Go Mormons, Bro Thompson is a stud. Their attic play room is freakin sweeeeeet.   #Goals The Thompson's are an awesome family, Bro Thompson reminds me a lot of Lucas. 

- mad props to @yokester74 for breaking Twitter. #TwitterDreamTeam #NeverForget 

- currently chilling in the church helping the high priest group leader trim his helicopter. He was able to fly it for longer than 30 seconds without kamikazing it so he's almost as good as @pettbryan 

Yep, pretty rockin week!!! Had our first district meeting and I thought it was awesome!! Kinda crazy being in the shoes of a district leader but I love it. Just have a completely different feeling when I'm around these elders and sisters, I know there is so much I can learn from them. At the end I shared with them Alma 26. I compare the book of Alma a lot to my friends, #OperationABRO. It gives me an idea of what we are all going through now and what it'll be like when we are all sitting out in front of home base (And now it came to pass that Alma conducted his brethren back to the land of Zarahemla; even to his own house.)  on our cars talking about Peru, Argentina, Sweden, Ohio, Tennessee, Big Sky, or shining laser pens at Bosnians.... Elder Walton...  Told them I want that to be us one day too. That someday, wether it's in Utah or Micronesia, or the Celestial Kingdom, we will be able to sit back and talk about our district and the relationship we had and the work we did. Wanted to close with a "family on 3" but we ended with a prayer instead. 

 ***Elder Massau has shown me some pics from home and Micronesia very well may be the celestial kingdom BTDUBS**** 

Ya, love our district. So much I need to learn as a missionary and they've already taught me a lot. Also got to interview with President Wadsworth again on Saturday. Major bonus out of transferring to a different zone as I interviewed with him just a few weeks earlier in Bozeman. President is awesome. We sit down, he sighs and asks "how long have we been doing this???" 
"About 5 and a half months" I say 
 "Well... we have been together every step of the way" 

Soooo true! It's been fun, we both came in new and have been learning on the go. We had a pretty good chat, I Look up to President and Sister Wadsworth a lot. Asked him some questions I had and he gave me some tips on being a district leader and how to receive revelation now and after my mission and it was powerful. Love President Wadsworth, Once again, he reminds a lot of @pettbryan. 

Driving home from stake conference yesterday thinking about what I was gonna email home the next day, and was kinda bummed. It was a good week, but not a lot of success. Worked hard but nothing much to show for it. Well after a freakin awesome dinner with the bishop and his family, we hit the pavement for some more #Tracting🚜💨.... And it was getting hot in Conrad despite it being a crisp 28 degrees! If the Spirit of God like a fire is burning then Elder Asbury and I were straight spittin fire on door steps!!! Once we were back on the street I was doing Coach Shah sonic claps of excitement that echoed throughout all of Conrad. #GetYourEyesRight #Technique

Alright on a more humble note, it was good. The spirit guided us to the correct street (day after pres gives advice on revelation) and we found the elect, we found those who have been prepared for this gospel. Got TWO new investigators. We felt prompted to talk about the potential God sees in us and why we are here, you could see it really made them think. So grateful for the spirit and revelation we can receive, Conrad is about to blow up. Elder Christensen and I said it in Belgrade and it's time we spiritually nuke this place too, what better time to do it too??? 

5 And behold, there shall a new star arise, such an one as ye never have beheld; and this also shall be a sign unto you.
6 And behold this is not all, there shall be many signs and wonders in heaven.
7 And it shall come to pass that ye shall all be amazed, and wonder, insomuch that ye shall fall to the earth.
8 And it shall come to pass that whosoever shall believe on the Son of God, the same shall have everlasting life.
9 And behold, thus hath the Lord commanded me, by his angel, that I should come and tell this thing unto you; yea, he hath commanded that I should prophesy these things unto you; yea, he hath said unto me: Cry unto this people, repent and prepare the way of the Lord.

We have been asked to "prepare the way of the lord". Whether that's in your own life or the lives around you, Prepare them for the coming of our Savior!!! Teach em, love them! Don't let your fears of doubts decide who is ready to experience the blessings this gospel has to offer. I Love Christmas, love missionary work, love food, love lamps, pretty much just love life, and it's no coincidence that I'm sharing the gospel as I love it so much. Get out and try it yourself. 

Love ya guys! 

- Elder K 

ULegacy applies now more than ever, uphold the legacy UBoyz, make em quit. 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment